Site Map: MAIN / A Reader's Treasury This Page
A READER'S JOURNAL
Structure of Magic A Reference Page of Material on Richard Bandler and John Grinder
Published by Good Mountain Press/US in 2006
Reference Page Design and Compiled from Yahoo SERP by Bobby Matherne ©2006
A Reference Page of Material on Richard Bandler and John Grinder
Richard Bandler and John Grinder gave a workshop back in 1977 in New Orleans which I attended and what I learned from them through their books and workshops has changed my life. They went on to found the field of Neurolinguistic Programming [tm] and to influence the way therapists looked at their world forever.
On this links page I have endeavored to give you, dear Reader, a handy reference to the various books I have reviewed which impinge upon Bandler and Grinder's innovative work in the field of Neurolinguistic Programming [tm]. A look at the list of books and authors on this page will give you a sense of the importance of their work in our time. Building on the pioneering work of Virginia Satir, Gregory Bateson, Milton Erickson, and other, they taught us all to accept the fact that we are modelers of reality and to not take life too seriously — that even psychotherapy can be fun if you have the tools to make deep pervasive changes at your disposal.
1. Trance-formations by Richard Bandler and John Grinder, A Review by Bobby Matherne
Neuro-Linguistic Programming and the Structure of Hypnosis Psychotherapy,Published by Real People Press/UT in 1979 ... had been exposed to in Bandler and Grinder seminars, NLP conferences, the ... http://www.doyletics.com/art/tfart.htm
2. Magic in Action by Richard Bandler A Review by Bobby Matherne
... This is a book of a transcript of Richard Bandler working with several different clients ... Reading this book of Bandler doing therapy is like reading those complicated instructions ... http://www.doyletics.com/art/miaart.htm
3. Using Your Brain — for a CHANGE by Richard Bandler, A Review by Bobby Matherne
.Edited by Steve and Connie Rae Andreas ... the work of Bandler and Grinder in the fall of 1977 ... http://www.doyletics.com/art/uybcart.htm
4. The Structure of Magic, Vol. I & II by Richard Bandler and John Grinder , 2 Reviews by Bobby Matherne
... while reading Magic I, we heard about a seminar to be given by the authors, Bandler and Grinder, at the Touro Nursing School and we ... Milton Erickson, among others. Bandler and Grinder had already begun laying the ...
MAGIC I: http://www.doyletics.com/art/som1art.htm
MAGIC II: http://www.doyletics.com/art/som2art.htm
5. Frogs into Princes by Richard Bandler and John Grinder , A Review by Bobby Matherne
... Conference also, I told John Stevens and Connirae Andreas about the exciting new work that Bandler and Grinder were doing ... http://www.doyletics.com/art/fipart.htm
6. ReFraming — NLP and the Transformation of Meaning by Richard Bandler and John Grinder, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... As this book is a transcript of a Bandler and Grinder seminar on reframing, similar to one ... http://www.doyletics.com/art/rnlpart.htm
7. Change Your Mind and Keep the Change by Steve Andreas and Connie Rae Andreas, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... I asked if he'd heard about Richard Bandler and John Grinder and he said he hadn't, why ... short presentation on the work of Bandler and Grinder and I thought John ... ... http://www.doyletics.com/art/cymart.htm
8. NLP - The New Technology of Achievement by Steve Andreas and Charles Faulkner (editors) A Review by Bobby Matherne
... Steve to the wild and crazy guys, Richard Bandler and John Grinder, while sitting across from Steve and ... would record the seminars of Bandler and Grinder and transcribe them into ... http://www.doyletics.com/art/nlpart.htm
9. Doyletics Links:
- Confirmatory Experiences Following Doyle Traces by Bobby Matherne
... Now, I learned that from Bandler and Grinder (Richard Bandler and John Grinder). I try always to remember ... did several doyle traces?" ... Richard Bandler once told me, "When you do do subtle work, expect subtle responses." ... http://www.doyletics.com/confirm.htm
- Althea's Initial Speed Trace Experiences by Bobby Matherne
... Confirmatory Experiences Following Doyle Traces . . . ... http://www.doyletics.com/althea.htm
- Doyletics — The Basic Theory ©2000 by Bobby Matherne
... some stimuli now). Using the nomenclature suggested by Bandler and Grinder in their innovative books, Structure of Magic ... http://www.doyletics.com/doyletic.htm
- Emails To/From Users and Principals of Doyletics by Bobby Matherne
... in my studies of neuro-linguistic programming with Bandler and Grinder that internal reactions are communicable among ... http://www.doyletics.com/emails.htm
10. Good Mountain Press Monthly Digest of News & Reviews Links:
- Good Mountain Press Monthly Digest #15 by Bobby Matherne
... ART: "Magic in Action" by Richard Bandler. ART: "Using Your Brain - for a CHANGE" by Richard Bandler... http://www.doyletics.com/digest15.htm
- Good Mountain Press Monthly Digest #061 by Bobby Matherne
.... Frogs Into Princes by Richard Bandler and John Grinder ... http://www.doyletics.com/digest061.htm
- Good Mountain Press Monthly Digest #12 by Bobby Matherne
... ART: "ReFraming - NLP and Meaning" by Bandler and Grinder. ARJ: "Twillinger's Voyage" A Sassy SF Novel by Dan Turner ... ART: "ReFraming - NLP and Meaning" by Bandler and Grinder ... http://www.doyletics.com/digest12.htm
- Good Mountain Press Monthly Digest #057 by Bobby Matherne
... version of this story I heard from Richard Bandler in a 6-day hypnosis seminar in 1981 as ... In Richard Bandler and John Grinder's Structure of Magic, they included in ... http://www.doyletics.com/digest057.htm
11. Through Divided Minds by Robert Mayer , A Review by Bobby Matherne
... attempts a premature integration with Toby using a Bandler and Grinder technique that he had just read about ... He only credits Bandler and Grinder at the time of the failure ... http://www.doyletics.com/_arj1/throughd.htm
12. Science and Sanity by Alfred Korzybski, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... I heard those words in a Bandler and Grinder1 Seminar in 1977 and borrowed a copy of this landmark book, his major opus ... http://www.doyletics.com/art/sciencea.htm
13. Preface of A Reader's Journal - Journeys into Understanding Volume I , by Bobby Matherne
... Raymond Smullyen, Richard Feynman, Richard Bandler, Robert Graves, Robert Fulghum, Robert Ornstein ... Milton Erickson, Jay Haley, Richard Bandler, Virginia Satir, Freud, Sheldon Kopp ...http://www.doyletics.com/arj1pref.htm
14. Soul Economy — Body, Soul, and Spirit in Waldorf Education by Rudolf Steiner, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... I first became aware of this while studying with Richard Bandler, the NLP pioneer ... Everyone in the audience gasped! Bandler had actually used tonal anchors in his speech, and had ... http://www.doyletics.com/arj/soulecon.htm
15. Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... finished a week long hypnosis seminar with Richard Bandler back in 1981, I realized in no uncertain terms ... into his left ear. In Bandler and Grinder's early seminars they would ... http://www.doyletics.com/art/talesofp.htm
16. Phoenix by David Gordon and Maribeth Meyers-Anderson , A Review by Bobby Matherne
... This was the time period that Gordon was touring the country with Richard Bandler doing seminars on hypnosis ... http://www.doyletics.com/_arj1/phoenix.htm
17. Steps To An Ecology of Mind byGregory Bateson, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... thankful as I am to Gregory Bateson for pointing me to the study of Korzybski, Bandler&Grinder, Milton Erickson, Carl Jung, and others ... http://www.doyletics.com/_arj1/stepstoa.htm
18. The Body in the Mind by Mark Johnson, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... Metaphors were an intimate part of Bandler and Grinder's work based on the powerful therapeutic stories told by ... was studying the then nascent field of NLP with Bandler and Grinder ... http://www.doyletics.com/arj/tbitmrvw.htm
19. From Comets to Cocaine by Rudolf Steiner A Review by Bobby Matherne
... is one that I first became sensitive to while studying with Richard Bandler and John Grinder about 30 years ago ...http://www.doyletics.com/arj/cometsto.htm
20. A Life of Jung by Ronald Hayman,, Reviewed by Bobby Matherne
... back in the 1970s when I studied the nascent field of Neuro-Linguist Programming with Richard Bandler and John Grinder ... http://www.doyletics.com/arj/lifejung.htm
21. The Spizznet File Chapter 10: The Quest and the Question A Novel by Bobby Matherne
... in a circle according to the location of eye-accessing cues that Richard Bandler taught in his neuro-linguistic seminars ... http://www.doyletics.com/spizznet/quest_10.htm
22. Tell Me A Story — A New Look at Real and Artificial Memory by Roger C. Schank, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... This was first pointed out to me in a workshop by Richard Bandler, ca. 1978 ... http://www.doyletics.com/art/tellmart.htm
23. Secret Brotherhoods and the Mystery of the Human Double by Rudolf Steiner, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... 7 Lectures in St. Gallen, Zurich and Dornach, 1917 ... http://www.doyletics.com/arj/secretbr.htm
24. The Power of Silence by Carlos Castaneda, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... Or what Wittgenstein call the unspeakable. Or Bandler and Grinder in NLP called the deep structure ... http://www.doyletics.com/arj/posrev.htm
25. Learning How to Learn by Idries Shah, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... they visit their own modern medical doctor. Richard Bandler told me this story of a man in San Francisco wandering each night in direction of Golden Gate ... He went to Bandler who under hypnosis helped the man recover what ... http://www.doyletics.com/art/learning.htm
26. Elements and Dimensions of an Ericksonian Approach by Stephen R. Lankton , A Review by Bobby Matherne
... working, and that was all the time, it's like he was baking a cake, Richard Bandler told me once, and you were the cake ... http://www.doyletics.com/arj/ede87rvw.htm
26. The Emotional Brain — The Mysterious Underpinnings of Emotional Life by Joseph LeDoux, A Review by Bobby Matherne
.... This is the process known as anchoring in the Neuro-linguistic Programming field developed by Bandler and Grinder ... http://www.doyletics.com/arj/tebrev.htm
28. A Separate Reality by Carlos Castaneda, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... Once in a Bandler and Grinder seminar the co-leaders told us to imagine the two of them sitting on our right shoulder ...http://www.doyletics.com/art/asrart.htm
29. Myths, Models, and Paradigms by Ian G. Barbour, A Review by Bobby Matherne
.... Dodd quote on page 17) Following the lead of Richard Bandler, I choose to blur the distinction of parable and metaphor ... http://www.doyletics.com/art/mmapart.htm
30. The Language of Change by Paul Watzlawick, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... was the example I heard Bandler and Grinder use a lot in their early seminars in the pre-NLP days ... www.doyletics.com/art/tlocart.htm http://www.doyletics.com/art/tlocart.htm
31. Journey to Ixtlan by Carlos Castaneda, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... read about it in this book, I was studying with Bandler and Grinder and they taught me to change personal history as ... http://www.doyletics.com/art/ixtlan.htm
33. The Gospel of St. Mark Rudolf Steiner, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... I first heard some 22 years ago while in a training session with Richard Bandler about an experiment done with a frog ... http://www.doyletics.com/arj/gmarkrvw.htm
34. The Alchemy of Happiness by Hazrat Inayat Khan, A Review by Bobby Matherne
... Then one day, I heard Richard Bandler say that it was possible to run the process backwards and install a phobia ... http://www.doyletics.com/art/aoh6art.htm
35. Curing a Veteran of her Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome
A 14-minute Video Clip by Steve Andreas
What Steve Andreas does in this movie clip looks like some reframing and hints of various NLP processes of dissociation thrown in. The clip is condensed from some 16 HOURS of work, showing two followup sessions.
This work is important because it proves that PTSD can be eliminated by taking a person back before the traumatic events. That confirms my research which suggests the symptoms of PTSD result from the overload of the hippocampus by glutocorticoids during a traumatic event which prevents the hippocampus from transmitting declarative memory (aka cognitive memory) of the event to the cortex.
This can be viewed as a temporary reversion to one's time below five-years old, when one's hippocampus had not come "on-line" and thus was unable to transfer events to the cortex. Instead it stored all events as bodily states and few or no images of the events were stored (thus: no cognitive memory).
This indicates to me that one should be able, without a therapist present, to quickly and easily remove PSTD events by a Speed Trace in a few minutes instead of many hours. It may take longer than a few minutes if a therapist is required to lead the woman, e.g., through her first Speed Trace, ensuring that she HOLDS the physical body states as she goes down her TIME MARKS.
In other words, Steve Andreas has proven that PTSD is caused by the storage of anchors or doyles (physical body states) during trauma. From that data I aver that any psychotherapeutic process that meets the Speed Trace requirements of HOLD and MARK will prove successful in alleviating the flashbacks (caused by flash-bulb bleed-through of cognitive memories to the cortex during the trauma) and onerous body states such as full-body sweats, pulse rate elevation, and hair-trigger responses to non-threatening events, among other things.
Over One Million Good Readers a Year as of 2004Did you Enjoy this Review?
Subscribe to our Good Mountain Press Monthly Digest now.
To Return Here from that page, Click your BACK button when Ready.
For a Sample of a Recent Digest on-line. Click Here
Do you feel like you're under intense pressure in your life? Are you fearful? Angry? Anxious? Feel down or upset by everyday occurrences? Plagued by chronic discomforts like migraines or tension-type headaches? Want happy endings from now on? At Last! Break every rule and discover and apply for yourself this amazingly simple 21st Century approach to removing unwanted physical body states without surgery, drugs, or psychotherapy!
Counselor? Visit the Counselor's Corner for Suggestions on Incorporating Doyletics in Your Work.